The X-Pyr is thrilled to have XC Skies as the official weather and soaring forecast partner for 2022 event. They have created a simplified and free version of XC Skies specially for this event. The application allows anyone to track detailed weather and soaring potential along the race route and exactly where the athletes are. In addition to this, they are also issuing daily weather briefs along the course as well as a dedicated XC Summary page for all turn points along the route.
Here are just a few of the features they will provide:
* Interactive soaring maps. Click anywhere on the map to see summarised hourly data.
* Three day high resolution forecasts
* All X-Pyr athletes can be viewed in near real-time alongside current weather and soaring forecasts on the map (courtesy of Flymaster)
* Animate any forecast layer across the day from sunrise to sunset
* View real-time radar and satellite cloud imagery (courtesy of our friends at RainViewer)
A bit of background on XC Skies… they started in 2005 as the first interactive soaring application on the web. Focusing on North America at first, XC Skies quickly became the leader in soaring forecasts across the planet for anyone wanting to plan 2 and 3 days ahead. XC Skies is proud to be part of 1000’s of personal best records and many official FAI world records, including open distance and triangles for paragliders, hang-gliders and sailplanes.
Their main goal has always been to provide useful forecasts to help pilots manage weather risks and optimise potential XC flights anywhere in the world.
We at the X-Pyr are grateful to XCSkies for their support and this amazing tool. We think it will massively enhance the viewer experience and understanding of what is happening in real-time on the ground during the race. Thank you!